Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A little bit each day...

I am told that I need to have 80,000 to 120,000 word count for a publisher to consider it worth taking a look at, and I have several stupid ideas about trying to write a great novel in 30 days....which I think is absolutely nuts.  I've been researching and note-taking for a year, and now I'm ready to begin the 1st of the 13 book series, which will culminate in a 5 book follow up series.  I expect it to take me approximately 4 to 5 months per year to write each novel, and the rest preparation for the next; I expect a lot out of me, and goddamn't if I fail, it ain't gonna be because I wasn't dedicated to the project!


I'm not just pouring crap onto a page to see if it will sell.  I have an epic idea, with many different nuances and it will take a series and an effort such as this to bring it to fruition.  I try to write a about a thousand or so a day, 10,000 per week, and I don't care if that is too slow, it's the right the pace to produce what I envision this universe should be, and that is how it will be.  If I have to make ends meet by working odd jobs here and there that is the price I'm willing to pay to create my vision into the what I know it can be.


I've written before that I struggle to work at home, unless it is in the middle of the night.  I have two places I treat as an office, the local library, and the local legion.  Either place I set an amount I expect to get done before I leave and that is what I do.  Writing I have found is difficult for me to do continually, I need periodic breaks.  I have A.D.D. which I really should medicate for that but I don't, so I type a page or sometimes a paragraph, then I'm up pacing around. Sometimes, which is helpful at the Legion, after a couple of beers I can sit and type a lot longer between breaks, but I always accomplish more on my book at the library, and more on my research and blog maintenance (the nuts and bolts) at the Legion.

It is my determination that I will have office when I can afford to rent/own the space so that I have a place to go and get my work done...I have to treat my work like a regular job that demands I show up for regular hours and accomplishes daily goals or I just won't hold myself to the task of competing what it is I seriously desire to accomplish.  I want to make this my career, to earn at least enough to focus my energies for the next two decades producing the saga I have in my mind; but honestly, I expect it will be a story-line that is received well with the public.  I have a lot confidence in me and in this story.

Confidence and Arrogance are only separated by a thin line...whether or not I succeed will determine the difference!  :-)

Peace.


www.leSilencedeSion.blogspot.com posts and articles belong to Zion Amour creator of ZionsDay.com and IamZion.com © 2012-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about the post, as well as your own dreams, dilemmas, and personal positive supports tht you may use to keep the attitude uplifted and your eyes on the goal.