Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Born In the USA

"Born in the U.S.A."
Bruce Springsteen – Born In The U.S.A.

The song roaring out the patriotism and 80's feel good rock fills my ears as I down a couple of pints at the local American Legion, a place that could become a staple in my daily diet of the local Midwestern experience now my new hometown dig.  It is a new venture into my whole approach to embracing the path of career, experience, and discovery as I leave the old behind.  I set aside the past, give it's proper place of homage upon the shelves of the den, the portraits along the hall, and leave it for the themes of nostalgia for future Widsom blogs, teaching for the young and laughs for the fools who shared those days with me.


I now set up my new daily routines.  I look for work to help with the daily need to pay the toll of living (new writer doesn't seem to make bank), the library becomes my office for keeping the novel on track to publish (I am overly confident in my own abilities as always), and then this little bit of community that busily socializes as I sit at a booth and toil more over the words and .coms
that have come to syndicate my day to day.  I think I could actually find a way to break free from my daily habit of Zoloft and think that life is worth each breath I have fought to keep passing off as my own. Who knows, maybe cynicism and bad puns will find there way to the trash bin and a new view of sunny optimism will reign...at least 'til winter...I've never been snowed in before:  Minnesota should be a full venue of material for Zion's Day.

I like the weather here: and with that I must say the people are just as refreshing.  This place is surrounded by the inlets of Lake Minnetonka and the laid back, friendly motiff I found to be a staple of the Big Island of Hawaii is what I am discovering to be the value and everyday of the people of Mound, a century old site with a 21st century face lift (everything looks like it could of been built 5 years ago.)

I'll write a bigger piece and more worthy of the town and people soon, but that will find it's way to the local papers first (a writer has to eat.)

Peace,







Zion's Day @ www.leSilencedeSion.blogger.com posts and articles belong to Zion Marion Amoure creator of SilenceCreates.com and IamZion.com © 2012-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about the post, as well as your own dreams, dilemmas, and personal positive supports tht you may use to keep the attitude uplifted and your eyes on the goal.