Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

How do I get to know a new area?

I go for a run!

10 miles and a couple of hours later I get an idea of the surrounding layout of the community I may call home for awhile.  Walking and Running is the way I always get to know these facts:  I get out the first couple of weeks and walk the entire vicinity, get to know the local businesses, and hit the pavement running, and find my way around.  Once I know the ground, then I'm all set to drive anyway I need to go.


This morning I found a great path that follows an old rail way, now bike/foot path that is 20+ miles long....I wasn't quite ambition enough to hit the whole trail, but I tackled 10 miles, visited a neighbor town along the route, and enjoyed some fabulous scenery in the Land of Lakes.  The surrounding
countryside is fabulous postcard farm land endowed with small lakes, ponds and inlets of Lake Minnetonka.  This picturesque backdrop is the place I decided to pitch tent and begin my writing career; the atmosphere breathes inspiration for the Arts, and I am inhaling the best of it all!

i find running to be a natural fit for me!!  I am fortunate enough to have lived through a decade I burned through with extravagant and frivolous thought to how I was burning my years to scratch an itch that comes in a little bag.  I'm thankful to have left that behind me.  Running brings on that natural high of endorphin that I find invigorating and chase it like I did that little bag, but I retain a lot more value out of the effort put into this.  I can't bad mouth those years too much though, the fodder of the psychedelics is the brain child of my new novel and serving to be a generous source; it may just prove to be my career, contract, and income, sooo...viva le meth!  [not to be practiced at home.]

Each step, I move myself forward in the desire to experience the rush of the moment, now coupled with the anticipation of each new experience that comes with discovering new places, new community, and the value I will place on both as I come to understand them and need their imprints upon the manuscript that is my life; the most important story I write!




I passed a pond this morning and it is filled with lily pads; oddly enough I've never seen a one, they are not present in the lakes I grew up around in the Pacific Northwest, and I find that interesting, being familiar with them as result to a plethora of nature shows on the discovery channel (at least the old discovery channel, like the history channel it's almost worthless now!)

I found a fellow creature as interested in me as I was her.  Not the blonde that I was running behind for the first hour but another forest beauty, a healthy doe
approaching for a drink.  It was still early for me, but sun had been up for near 5 hours and thought this pretty girl would be bedded down for the day somewhere, but maybe she behaves a little different surrounded by so many parks and probably protected lands.  Anyway, it's always to a have glimpse into the lives that coexist with us on this world we so erogantly refer to as "ours."  :-)

Well, the day started wonderful, I did a Gilligan (a three hour tour), along with the run I discovered the local post office and a record store (vinyl nostalgia for those old enough to appreciate the medium.)  I will need to visit there again when I have a few hours to puruse through a 25,000 record collection this man has for sale, another 100,000 not on the shelf!  F***!!!

I will share more of my finds in this new adventure as the my day tarries on; a neverending experience of life:  Zion's Day!

Peace
Self portrait of author



www.leSilencedeSion.blogspot.com posts and articles belong to Zion Amour creator of ZionsDay.com and IamZion.com © 2012-2013

1 comment:

Please share your thoughts about the post, as well as your own dreams, dilemmas, and personal positive supports tht you may use to keep the attitude uplifted and your eyes on the goal.