Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Out for a run!

I've run/walk 30 miles in 3 days.  I do my best to run a 10 mile route, but if I can't quite finish the 10 running I always do a full 10, even when I've pulled my calf muscle so I can't run, I walk the 10 mile route; I have to be outside and active, it drives me nuts to sit in the house, library, anywhere....and I have a feeling living here in Minnesota is going to mean indoor winters, unless I develop a love for the cold and snow that I've never had before...who knows, crazier things have happened to me!!! 


I have discovered a route I love to run now.  It is approximately 10 miles and a
beautiful little run along what is known locally as the Dakota Trail.  It use to be a rail line that was used for about a century until they turned it to a bicycle and scenic walk way, county park property.  It is a great trek, somewhat shady, and a real gem for separation from traffic and the city beat.

It is a fairly straight path as it moves it's way through St. Bonifice, Mound, Spring Park, Navarre, Minnetonka Beach (my turn around point), and on to Wayzata.  This route is surrounded by forest and lakes; I've included a couple of pics to show my view along the run.

The only thing I wish:  that 10 miles of running actually deleted just as substantial amount of calories from my expanding waist line...ugh!!!  :-)

Peace!



www.leSilencedeSion.blogspot.com posts and articles belong to Zion Amour creator of ZionsDay.com and IamZion.com © 2012-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about the post, as well as your own dreams, dilemmas, and personal positive supports tht you may use to keep the attitude uplifted and your eyes on the goal.