Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Meeting new people / making new friends!

It's been a long sojourn into this isolated hermit-ish style existence I chose to call life; a sad commentary on the last few years as I buried myself in morose and found no comfort.  New beginnings demand change!  I demand more of me; to find in people the social allowance that we all find necessary I have to give more of me, and I'm doing that here in my new community, and the people here are very easy with which to do so.


I have found the local people of Mound, Minnesota, especially the members of the American Legion (post #398).  I have been introduced to 30+ members (shout out to Kari & Dodge, Zohan, Katie, Colby, John, Justin, Fathead, and many others...I will be learning names for awhile.)  They are all very open with me and have made this a real home atmosphere, genuinely welcoming me like
one of the family, and now I am officially a member of the Sons of the American Legion!  I gotta say, it's a great place....for $15, can spend a couple of hours sipping cold beer, and have dinner during happy hour....seriously I was hear from 3pm to 6pm yesterday and spent $14.75, including tip!!!  That's awesome for someone on a budget and hates to cook at home like myself.

Last night, my friend Tammy, invited me out for awhile, and I'm a early bed, early rise person, but I went out with her for a few hours, and the above mentioned people kept me entertained and in the middle of the jokes and
conversation for the entire evening until I said, "It's great to meet all of ya, but I gotta call it a night!"  I had fun; probably the most fun I've had since the Swashbuckler's Ball of 2010 in Portland, Oregon....nothing really compares to that night!!!

This is something my life has been seriously deficient in for such a long time.  I'm finding my way, I'm finding it with good people, and I'm finding that I fit in a lot better than the little voice that for years said I didn't had any merit in having such a heavy influence upon my psyche.

I do know that  have always enjoyed the company of women over the company of men...beyond the obvious of them being much more pleasant upon the eye of a heterosexual such as myself, I find their conversations much more engaging and I can joke with them and I am comfortable around them.  [Unless I'm glassy-eyed, fool-struck in love then I can't string two words together, so I try not to feel that way anymore.]  Last night was no exception, as I found the men tended to find their way to the circles of the people they knew, talk about golf, fish, and cars....things I know little about, while women talk
about...EVERYTHING!!  I like that much better, and they talk about their day, and it is probably for that reason that my readership is predominantly women, I relate and talk this way myself, and I believe I will find that I make a lot female friends here in Minnesota...and I'm looking forward to that.

Anyway, it's another aspect to my new day that I love sharing with my readers.  I hope you find a similar reality in your day!

Peace!




www.leSilencedeSion.blogspot.com posts and articles belong to Zion Amour creator of ZionsDay.com and IamZion.com © 2012-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about the post, as well as your own dreams, dilemmas, and personal positive supports tht you may use to keep the attitude uplifted and your eyes on the goal.