Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

One day off...

I don't know about most people, but I live for experiences I make for myself on my days off, and I don't intend to spend those days sitting in front of a television set watching others pretend to live, I intend to live myself!  I work six days per week, at a job I enjoy, but it doesn't generate a lot of money and it is taxing on me as I'm always moving, always doing something; I do this six days per week to earn very little, but it is a job that allows me time to write, allows me to walk to work (very close to home), and for now, is something I don't languish at the thought of having to do it everyday (the major selling point for me...I absolutely HATE working at something I don't enjoy....when I was doing drywall finishing, the only thing I liked was that I worked with good friends.)


So my "one day off" has to be something I will enjoy.  I almost always include a trip to the gym.  Why?  I spoil myself with my gym membership.  To me, a gym isn't something that I hate doing, or look at like work, it's something I look forward too, because I commit a couple of hours to a gym experience in which I
know I will find my "runner's high" as I tackle a 60 minute/10 mile jaunt on the eliptical.  I will receive a water massage as a relax in the hot tub that actually has a waterfall flowing into it that I sit beneath and let it work the tension out of my neck and shoulders.  After that I enter the steam room and take in the menthol and heat before a nice long shower.  To me such an experience as I just gave brief description too is worth more than paying for that extra cable channels that I'd be watching those two or three hours I wasn't at the gym.  (Only three if I include weight training and crunches as well.)

Today though, I wanted to give back.  I looked up Red Cross on the internet found an address that was only about a 25 minute drive from home and thought I give a donation after my workout, only to discover I couldn't find the fucking place!  According to the directions I arrived at my destination but the expected locale was absent from the scene.  Fortunately, during this process I passed a little haven by the name "the Original Buffalo Tap."  It's a bar and grill, and having run 10 miles, I'm hungry and I always love a good bar!  :-)  Since I can't find my destination, I stop in here and learn they have free wifi, elk & buffalo burgers, and 25 oz beers on tap (if you like dark stouts, I recommend Old Rasputin Nitro Stout!)  So now, I have just experienced my first Elk Burger (Diablo Style).  I enjoyed my meal and recommend a visit...if ever there I recommend their cole slaw it is their own recipe and a wonderful accompaniment to their spicy options, including a Thai Hot BBQ and a Spicy Caribbean.

It is here I find myself on my "one day off" and typing this little blog, soon to pick up my roommate and find our way to an evening of shopping for a new gas grill, and nfl football for our enjoyment and delinquent and intoxicated indulgences.

Peace,


www.leSilencedeSion.blogspot.com posts and articles belong to Zion Amour creator of ZionsDay.com and IamZion.com © 2012-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about the post, as well as your own dreams, dilemmas, and personal positive supports tht you may use to keep the attitude uplifted and your eyes on the goal.